Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I've Made a Huge Mistake

I was about to start a post on regrets. I have been thinking about things I wish I could change. To be able to go back in time and undo decisions we made, choices I made - well, you get the picture. When I think that way I can feel the depression closing in.

As I started to title my draft my son came up, shoved a book under my nose and asked me to read it to him. Three books later and here I am starting this post. Regrets? Who has regrets? Okay, yeah, I still do. Whatever they are they pale in comparison to what I have right here.

So in honor of my 3 year old child smacking (metaphorically) some sense into me I will give you...

Arrested Development Quotes

Carl Weathers: [about Burger King] I'm going to go get a drink refill. You know you can get unlimited refills on any drink you want... and it's free?
Tobias: It's a wonderful restaurant.
Ron Howard (Narrator): It sure is.

--------------------------------

GOB: I’m in charge now. I speak for this family. I mean... I could if you wanted me to. I’d rather not, obviously. Don’t know what I’d say. Why do I have to be the one? I don’t need this. Why does this have to become my problem? No, I’m out. Forget it. Find somebody else. I’m sick of it. I’m sick of doing everything for this family.

--------------------------------

Michael: "Your Uncle Gob seems to think that he saw you down at the docks today. Was that you?"

George Michael: "No. No. Maybe it was the other George Michael. You know, the singer-songwriter."

Michael: "Yeah, that makes sense."

--------------------------------

[the Bluths have hired Andy Griffith to sit in on George Sr's hearing]
Lindsay Funke: Bad news. Andy Griffith turned us down. He didn't like his trailer.
[the camera pans over to reveal the log cabin truck]
Lindsay Funke: He thought we were making fun of him.
Ron Howard (Narrator): They were not making fun of Andy Griffith. This cannot be stressed enough.

If you haven't discovered the wonder that is Arrested Development you need to check it out.

No comments: