Wednesday, December 5, 2007

So I haven't been very bloggy - sue me!

Ha! All you would get out of me would be kids.

We had a busy November. At least that's what you would assume from my lack of blogging. My mom was in town for the whole month so that pretty much ='s lots of shopping. Not so much me as mom. She got all of her Christmas shopping for the kids done. We spent Thanksgiving with our friends in AL and spent a couple of days further south in FL. It was a good time but it was hard to come home.

Part of the reason it was hard is because we are still in "flinging our hands up in the air nobody knows what we are doing" mode. Jon is pursuing a couple of different avenues for work right now and every time we think we know what to expect - it seems that the bottom drops out - but then it doesn't. That really starts to wear on a person/persons/family. We are both stressed out and it is showing in how not patient we are with the kids. I hate that.

I am also in this yucky space right now where I am very much not social with anyone but one really super-duper awesome couple right now. I have never been a "friend collector" - so that isn't that unusual for me. The thing is with so much up in the air right now with how long we will be in this area I'm not really putting myself out there to make new friends or deepen the "friendships"* I already have.

So yeah...
I'm slowly decorating a house for Christmas that I had every hope to be long gone from by this time. That's fun.
I found an entire bottle of a lotion I thought was long gone. So that was cool.
Um. I cleaned my closet. It really needed to be done. The kids couldn't even get into it to use it as a fort.
I'm tapped.




*I use friendships more along the line of acquaintances. The people I truly call friend are very few and far between.

No comments: